Over the past few years, Will Packer has produced a number of successful movies (Ride Along, No Good Deed , Think Like A Man Too, Think Like A Man, Takers, Obsessed and Stomp The Yard) and his latest offering, The Wedding Ringer, will continue his streak of box office gold. As most of you know, director Jeremy Garelick’s film centers on a socially awkward yet successful groom-to-be (Gad) who hires the CEO of Best Man Inc. (Hart), a company that provides best men for socially challenged guys in need. As the two of them try to fool everybody, a real friendship forms between them. The film also stars Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting, Olivia Thirlby, Cloris Leachman, Ken Howard, Jenifer Lewis, and Mimi Rogers. For more on The Wedding Ringer, watch the trailer, these clips, or check out all our previous coverage.
At the Los Angeles press day I landed an exclusive video interview with the prolific producer. He talked about the secret to his success, what The Wedding Ringer is about and why audiences like it, the status of Straight Outta Compton, if Ice Cube had told him that he was going to premiere the trailer/footage at a recent concert (you can watch that footage here), what’s coming up next, and a lot more.
- What’s been the secret to his success?
- Talks about what The Wedding Ringer is about and why audiences like it.
- Have the studios been more hands off after showing he can make hit movies?
- What’s the status of Straight Outta Compton?
- Did Ice Cube tell him he was going to show footage from the movie at his concert?
- What’s coming up next for him?