Fox has released the first official trailer for their upcoming X-Files reboot and it’s a real tease, man. Like everything else we’ve seen from the revival series so far, the teaser trailer doesn’t tell us anything about the story of the revival series, but we do have our first look at footage and it looks pretty damn good. They’re keeping it dark, shouting out some iconic imagery (trampling over the “I Want to Believe” poster should be an actual crime), and nothing riles up the geek in me like hearing that themesong.
While we know next to nothing about what the series will entail, we do know that original series stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are reprising their roles as the beloved truth-seeking FBI duo, Mulder and Scully, and they’ll be joined by familiar faces Mitch Pileggi as Skinner and William B. Davis as the Cigarette Smoking Man. Newcommers Annet Mehendru and Joel McHale are also headed into the world of extraterrestrial mystery, the later portraying a conservative talk show host who becomes an unlikely ally to Mulder. Check out the new trailer for yourself below and see what you can glean.
You can click here to catch up on all our recent X-Files coverage and browse our recent stories below.
- THE X-FILES Revival Series: First Photos Reveal Mulder and Scully Back in Action
- THE X-FILES Revival Series: Picture Reveals Mulder and Scully Reunited
- THE X-FILES Revival Series Adds COMMUNITY Star Joel McHale
- THE X-FILES Event Series Premiere Date Revealed; Production Will Start in June
- THE X-FILES Return Will Likely Include Skinner and Cigarette Smoking Man