Bryan Singer continues to keep in touch with X-Men fans and today released another behind-the-scenes X-Men: Apocalypse image of new cast members. This time it’s Sophie Turner and Lana Condor, who play Jean Grey and Jubilee, respectively. The film takes place in the 1980s, and this image gives us a good sense of their fashion style. It’s also interesting to see Turner smiling since her performance as Sansa Stark on Game of Thrones is a constant expression of utter misery and despair.
While it’s nice to have a glimpse of what these two characters will look like, I still don’t know why Singer included Jubilee, who is just an awful, silly character. She shoots fireworks out of her hands. She’s like boring Dazzler. However, most people thought Quicksilver (Evan Peters) was going to be terrible and he ended up being one of the best things about X-Men: Days of Future Past. But Quicksilver had the benefit of an interesting power and strong background in the comics. Jubilee is useful on Independence Day.
Check out the X-Men: Apocalypse image below. The film also stars returning cast members James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Rose Byrne, Lucas Till, and Nicholas Hoult plus newcomers Alexandra Shipp as Storm, Ben Hardy as Angel, Tye Sheridan as Cyclops, Olivia Munn as Psylocke, and Oscar Issac as the title antagonist, Apocalypse.
Via Bryan Singer:
Catch up with all things X-Men: Apocalypse here or check out our recent stories below:
- X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Concept Art Reveals 1980s Cerebro and X-Jet
- Rumor: X-MEN APOCALYPSE and WOLVERINE 3 Will End Bryan Singer’s X-MEN Universe
- Jennifer Lawrence Says APOCALYPSE Will Be Her Last X-MEN Movie
- X-MEN: APOCALYPSE: Olivia Munn Is Psylocke
- Nicholas Hoult Talks MAD MAX: FURY ROAD and X-MEN: APOCALYPSE
- X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Adds Jubilee to Ensemble; Potential Cameos Revealed
- Oscar Isaac’s X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Costume Will Be a Mix of Practical and Digital Effects
- X-MEN: APOCALYPSE Production Art Provides a Glimpse of Angel