The X-Men: First Class DVD/Blu-ray sees release very soon on September 9. To sell a few a more copies, Fox released a behind-the-scenes featurette that details the seven-hour process it takes to transform Jennifer Lawrence from naked to Mystique. I can’t say I loved the way the makeup looked on film, but I appreciate the effort to achieve the mutant look with practical effects over CGI.
Watch the featurette after the jump to see Ms. Lawrence be a real trooper.
Details on the DVD/Blu-ray bonus features:
- 10 Marvel “X-Men” Digital Comics with exclusive “X-Men: First Class” Backstory Comic
- More than two hours of never-before-seen extras, including:
- Cerebro Mutant Tracker: The complete interactive Mutant Database with interactive videos giving fans the ability to learn about their favorite mutants in the X-Men film franchise
- Children of the Atom: An eight-part behind-the-scenes featurette, charting the film from pre-production through post-production, including visual effects techniques and cataloguing “X-Men” transformations through prosthetic make up and costume design
- “X” Marks the Spot: An interactive feature allowing viewers the opportunity to learn more about specific scenes with talent interviews and behind-the-scenes footage
- Extended and Deleted Scenes
- BD-Live Portal with additional Cerebro Mutant Tracker profiles
- Composer’s Isolated Score
- Theatrical Trailer
And the official synopsis:
X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, following the classic Marvel mythology, charts the epic beginning of the X-Men saga. Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto’s Brotherhood and Professor X’s X-Men. The film also stars Rose Byrne, Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, Nicholas Hoult, Oliver Platt, Jason Flemyng, Lucas Till, Edi Gathegi, and Kevin Bacon. The screenplay is by Ashley Edward Miller & Zack Stentz and Jane Goldman & Matthew Vaughn.