Zoe Kravitz has a big weekend coming up. Not only does she have Mad Max: Fury Road hitting theaters, but Andrew Niccol’s Good Kill as well. Ethan Hawke leads the film as Tom Egan, an Air Force pilot who now works as a drone pilot in a tiny air-conditioned bunker in the Nevada desert. Kravitz steps in as Airman Vera Suarez, the new sensor operator on Egan’s team. She’s one of the best there is but, similar to Tom, her nerves are rattled when they start taking orders directly from Langley.
With Good Kill making its way into select theaters on May 15th and coming to VOD on May 22nd, I got the chance to sit down with Kravitz to talk about her experience making the film. She discussed what it was like shooting the scenes during which her character is operating the drone, the romantic spark between Tom and Vera, and more. You can hear all about that, Mad Max: Fury Road and the upcoming Allegiant movies in the video interview below.
- She never had a job prior to acting, but she wouldn’t mind bartending.
- The unusual military lingo she learned while making the movie.
- Did she have any visual cues while shooting the drone operating scenes?
- On her character’s relationship with Ethan Hawke.
- On her character in Mad Max: Fury Road.
- Will the changes in Insurgent effect what happens to Christina in Allegiant?