Opening this weekend is George Miller’s masterpiece Mad Max: Fury Road. Loaded with some of the craziest action set pieces I’ve ever seen, Fury Road is the kind of movie you need to see on the biggest and loudest screen. Trust me, Fury Road is not just a great action movie; it’s great cinema, and it’s the type of film we need to support on opening weekend. As most of you know from the numerous trailers and featurettes, Tom Hardy stars as Max Rockatansky, a former cop who’s completely broken after losing his family. However, when Max crosses paths with Charlize Theron‘s Imperator Furiosa, he agrees to join her cause to help a group of girls reach a safe place and escape Immortan Joe (Hugh Keays-Byrne). Fury Road also stars Nicholas Hoult, Riley Keough, Zoe Kravitz, Courtney Eaton, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Nathan Jones and Abbey Lee.
At the Los Angeles press day I landed an exclusive video interview with Zoe Kravitz (she plays one of the girls on the run). She talked about being involved with Fury Road since 2009, shooting on location, deleted scenes, eating a raw potato for the film, the practical effects and sets, balancing her time between her band and acting, the Sundance hit Dope, Viena and the Fantomes, future projects, and more.
Here’s the interview followed by a list of what we talked about. Click here for Mad Max: Fury Road clips, images, and tons of featurettes.
- What’s the worst job she’s ever had?
- Talks about how she’s been involved in Mad Max since 2009.
- Talks about the making of the movie on location.
- Deleted scenes talk. She ate a raw potato which was cut.
- Practical effects and location talk.
- Save or Kill questions.
- What is it like trying to balance her time between her band and acting?
- Talks about making Dope which premiered at Sundance.
- Talks about Viena and the Fantomes.
- What’s coming up for her?